We know accidents happen when you least expect them. We also know that no two drivers in St. Catharines are alike. That’s why when it comes to buying auto insurance, it’s important to make sure you have the very best coverage to fit your individual needs.
At Keller & Associates Insurance Brokers, we’ve been providing tailored auto insurance policies to our clients in the St. Catharines and Niagara area for more than 30 years. We’ll take the time to meet with you and decide the best course of action to help protect you from the unexpected.
Determining Your Rates
There are a number of decisive factors that will affect your coverage rates, so it’s important to be prepared and well-informed when shopping for car insurance.
- Driving Record. Factors such as driving infractions and accidents as well as how long you’ve been driving will greatly impact your auto insurance.
- Age. Older drivers usually enjoy lower rates while younger drivers, typically under the age of 25, tend to be in more accidents and therefore usually pay more.
- Type of car. The make and model of your vehicle will affect your rates. Whatever is costing the insurance company more they simply charge more on insurance.
- Mileage. The more you drive your car the more likely you are to have an accident.
- Finance or lease. When you lease or finance a car you will be required to have comprehensive & collision coverage. This is because the company leasing the car is still the owner, and will require this type of coverage to be fully protected.
Here are a few tips for younger drivers looking for ways to help save money when it comes to auto insurance:
- Don’t pay for coverage you don’t need
- Compare quotes from different brokers
- Increase your deductible
- Combine your home or apartment and auto insurance together
- Maintain a good driving record
- Advance through driving tiers as soon as possible
Your Trusted Car Insurance Brokers
If you live in St. Catharines or Niagara and are currently looking to purchase auto insurance, come see us. We’ll use our extensive experience to help you find the coverage that’s right for you. Contact us today to speak with one of our brokers!